Shark in A Jar- FREE PATTERN

Hey Everyone! My summer has been so busy, I've hardly had any time to crochet or design. I'm really super excited about my new...

June 10, 2018

LDS Girls Camp Handouts! NCR


I am the Ward Camp Director for my ward in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.   We just got back from camp and I wanted to share our camp decorations and handouts.  I know how hard it is to come up with ideas, especially when you are already stressed out about remembering to pack a shovel and a saw (two things we forgot and needed.  WOOPS)   

First I made this Banner.  I bought some chipboard banners and covered it with some really cute scrapbook paper.  Super easy and all the girls just LOVED it!   It made our camp feel a little more like home (if that is possible sleeping on the ground HA! )

Another thing we did, before camp we had the girls make these adorable cans for their mailboxes.   I strung them between two trees and tied them on the rope.  We brought a tote of crafting stuff that we have in our YW closet, and asked them to make something for each girl while we were at camp.  We did this instead of secret sisters.   I wasn't sure how they would feel about having me, the new camp director, come in and changed the way they did things.  Surprisingly, they loved this idea!   Every spare moment was spend doing something nice for each other.   It really helped strengthen the friendship in our camp.  

I made several handouts to give the girls throughout camp.   These were all fairly inexpensive, but made them feel special at camp.   Here's what I did.  

The Blankets were the most expensive thing I did.   They were $2.50 at Walmart.   I made up a tag, used my favorite hole punch and tied it on with yarn.  I gave them this the first day, and they drug their blankets all around camp. 






I bought some packs of gum at the dollar store and paired it up with the tag :  We think you are "Extra" Special!   I just taped it on the tag.  



"Beautiful Lips only speak words of Kindness"   Originally I was going to put this on a card and tape a chap stick on because I thought you needed special labels for chap stick.   I found out that you can print them on regular paper and glue them on just fine.  I think labels would be awesome too, but I wasn't going to spend extra on that.  I found 3pk chap sticks at the dollar store too.   


I printed this one on regular paper and then rolled up the Pixy sticks like a scroll.   Dollar store for the candy! 


Yet another Dollar Store gift!   I bought a 20pk of glow braclets and made these little flags for Testimony meeting.   I really loved this part of President Nelsons talk to the youth on June 3rd.  I thought it would be perfect for girls camp!


This last one I can't claim for my own,  Ruffled Sunshine blog had the cutest S'more handout.  I was going to make my own, but thought why?  This was absolutely Perfect!   I put them in a bag with some chocolate and we made S'mores that night.    I made a gift bag with a bag of marshmallows, box of graham crackers and chocolate bars with this note and had my girls gift it to another ward as a Random Act of Kindness.    Get the printable from her blog HERE.   


I also gave them a list of Random Acts of Kindness that I wanted them to try at camp and at home.   

I've uploaded the files for these handouts here!    

Thanks for stopping by

😊💗✌



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question, suggestion or just like what you see? Let me know here