Shark in A Jar- FREE PATTERN

Hey Everyone! My summer has been so busy, I've hardly had any time to crochet or design. I'm really super excited about my new...

June 25, 2018

Take a Break!


This past week I visited my sisters beautiful country home.  She lives in a beautiful home, surrounded by trees and farms.  I decided that while I was there I would take a week long break from the internet and social media.  It was more difficult than I thought it would be, but it was so refreshing.  If you have a chance to set down the devices for a few days, I highly suggest you do it!   It gives you a chance to reset and recharge.  I brought along a few audio books and my crochet.  My kids played on her swing and climbed her tree.  It was great week! 


While I was taking a break I finished a couple projects.   First was a little shrug for my niece, using my Girls' Shrug pattern.  I made some modifications to make it smaller for her.   She wears about an 18 month size.   If you need to make a smaller version than the original for a baby or a small toddler do the following:   For the sleeves, only work 4 rounds.    For the back square I worked 16 rows of (DC ch 1) x 16.  The Front semicircles only work up to round 7.   I used one of her shirts for comparison and it worked up to be just the right size. 



I also worked up these baby chicks for my nephews birthday.  I used a pattern from Spin A Yarn Crochet.   If you haven't checked out her patterns you definitely should.  I my first few flat animals were from her patterns before I used other designers and then eventually my own designs.    You can check out her whole blog here athttp://spinayarncrochet.com/      I decided to make the chicks and shells in coordinating light and dark colors so he could match the colors with the chicks.   It was a hit, he loved them!    The great thing about this pattern was it used a very small amount of yarn and and it worked up so fast!    I was able to complete all of  them in a few hours, not working constantly because I have kids.     If you are looking for a great gift for kids this would be great! 



I had a great vacation, but I'm so glad to be back.  I'm working on some more free patterns to post here on my blog, reworking the Llama pattern to go from top to bottom (including a pdf purchase option) and some modifications for the Dynamite Dinosaur to change it into a dragon!  I am working on a round up of flat animal patterns from other designers including some of my own, so be sure to watch for that next month!    Make sure you stay up to date with me on Facebook and Instagram by following my pages. 

As always thanks for following Bsquare and for all the support and kind words I am offered daily.  It keeps me going.

~B2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question, suggestion or just like what you see? Let me know here