Shark in A Jar- FREE PATTERN

Hey Everyone! My summer has been so busy, I've hardly had any time to crochet or design. I'm really super excited about my new...

February 10, 2017

Plaid Hat by Whistle and Ivy




Today is National Flannel Day!!   What is more flannel than a plaid print?  I recently finished the Plaid Slouchy Hat by the very talented Bethany at Whistle & Ivy.    I loved this pattern!    It's really easy and works up quick!

I wanted to share my color alternative with you and tips if you want to add more color variation to it. I just used scraps from my stash.   I used a Black, White, Grey, and 3 shades of green.     Here is the color change pattern I repeated:  

row 1:   Black,  Green 1, Grey
row 2:  Grey, Green 2, White
row 3:  Green1, Green3, Green1



Repeat those 3 rows through the pattern.   Also because I used 6 colors instead of 3 carrying the colors up through the work didn't really work with out causing major tangles, so I cut 2 of the 3 colors each row.  I didn't cut the grey from the first color row because I used it in the next row, and so on.  

This would work with really any colors you want to substitute, but the green is great for St. Patty's day coming up!

Check out all the great plaid projects from Whistle & Ivy HERE!


Crochet on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question, suggestion or just like what you see? Let me know here