Shark in A Jar- FREE PATTERN

Hey Everyone! My summer has been so busy, I've hardly had any time to crochet or design. I'm really super excited about my new...

February 13, 2017

You're the Balm!


Here is one that you can get it done in 20 minutes or less.

The other day I had this fantastic idea for my daughter's teacher for Valentine's Day.   You know those cute lip moisturizers that are round, the EOS lip balm, they would be perfect inside a little Bomb pouch.  I would pair it with a "You're the Balm" card.   So cute and original right?  Wrong?!  Apparently the "You're the Balm" slogan has been done lots of time and I'm not that original.  I still love the saying and this it is adorable for a teacher's gift, so I'm going for it anyway with my own crochet style.  





Materials:

4.5 mm hook
Black yarn, worsted weight
Small amount of yellow yarn
Small amount of orange yarn
1 EOS lip balm

**Do not join rows, this pattern will continue in the round, use stitch markers if needed.

Rd 1: Start with 8 sc inside a Magic Circle (or the ch 2 method)
Rd 2: Crochet 2 SC in each stitch [16]
Rd 3-12:  SC in each stitch [16]
   *You may need to add additional rows if it isn't long enough to cover your Balm.  

At this point I finish off with a long chain of 18 to 20 stitches.  I leave a 2-3 inch tail to attach a pom pom.  Using a darning needle, weave the chain in and out  of row 11 every 3-4 stitches to make the drawstring.  

 I used 2 colors for the pom by wrapping both orange and yellow yarn at the same time around a fork.  Tie a strand of yarn around the middle between the middle prongs and then slide off and cut the loops.  Attach the pom to the end of the chain and cut any long strands.



Create your own card using this image I created.   



I am not affiliated with EOS in anyway. I am a normal consumer and happen to like their product and thought it would be great for this project.

Photos and graphics used in this post are my own, so please do not copy or use them without permission.   You may not copy and paste this pattern in part or whole to post online or share with others without written consent of Brittany Bentley.  You are welcome to sell items from this pattern and use your own photos, I do ask that if you sell online that you credit Bsquare Crochet as the designer and link back to the original pattern.    Thank you! 

//disableSelection(document.body) //Disable text selection on entire body

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question, suggestion or just like what you see? Let me know here